January 12, 2011

Purposeful Conception?

I stumbled upon this site today, entitled "Purposeful Conception" and I just had to laugh. A lot. Because, really, as lesbians- do we have any other choice? Everything we do from the moment we realize we want to have children is 100% purposeful, if not emphatically so. Although I DO think its great that straight people are attempting to conceive with more care and intent, its kind of sad to realize that to do so is considered somewhat "enlightened" or better than those that don't take the time to gain knowledge about preparing your life and body for reproduction.

I think straight couples could learn a whole lot from the lesbians! Maybe we should start our own website on purposeful conception? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lucy! I have a friend that actually took this course with her husband...mainly because she won it off of another blog that was giving away a free course. She said it was sorta weird.

    When she told me she was taking the course, I pretty much had the same reaction you did...and I thought, girl...just let me sit with you for about 3 hours and over coffee and laughs I can tell you all the same shit you about to learn over the internet from some lady you don't even know.

    What would be even cooler is to have this course taught be lesbians to straight couples and another for the ladies!

    PS. Love your blog!

    And...it is totally for SPO (that's my abbreviation for straight people only), which my friend told me was not the intent of the class but the class ended up being just the straights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. Thanks for all your comments on my blog.
    Its so true. We as lebians really become so in touch with our bodies and the ups and downs of trying to conceive. I really don't think staight couples are totally in touch with these things most of the time. At work since I have become pregnant so many of my co-workers have become interested in our process of trying to conceive and some of them find it a shock to know what we had to go through. It is really an education for them and most are truly empathetic about it. So I guess I really am doing some teaching on the topic.

    ReplyDelete