September 12, 2010

Tick Tock

I really want children. Like, REALLY want them.

I suppose my biological clock is ticking away, and has been for a few months now. Prudence seems a lot less into this than I am right now.  I guess that makes sense since she's 3 years younger than I am.  At 24, my womb wasn't exactly calling out to me either yet.  Plus she's really focused on grad school right now, which takes up a lot of her time and energy.  I, however, have virtually nothing to do.  I just sit at home all day and daydream about the future.  I do that because its all I have!  The present is painfully uneventful and a constant reminder of how completely lame my life is right now.  Deep down I know that this slump is temporary, but that doesn't stop me from feeling hopeless from time to time.  Everything that I want- career, house,  SUV, dogs, children, picket fence- seems way too far away.

Realistically, its probably a few years away. Pru started graduate school and she'll finish within 1-1.5 years.  I'm hoping to start a Program in Exercise Science NEXT fall, which would take me about the same amount of time.  That would put us completely done with school by the end of 2012 (barring any apocalyptic tragedies), meaning we could probably land some jobs in the 'Burbs and be ready to make babies by 2014.

3.5 years.

Yikes, that seems SO far away!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment