November 10, 2010

"Mak.ing Bab.ies"

I ordered the book "Mak.ing Bab.ies" for a ridiculously cheap price. It came in the mail yesterday and I started browsing it immediately. This morning I was able to skim through the rest and I'm really glad I got it! I love the East-meets-West collaboration between the two authors. It makes for a pretty well-rounded perspective. It seems to strike a nice balance between too granola or too clinical. I reviewed the section that helps you identify your "type" and I am definitely "stuck." I kinda love the fact that they divide fertility into different sections because women are not the same and it personalizes the program much more than the generic approaches I often read in other books. Several sections are not at ALL like me, so its neat that I can really zero in on what could work best for me.

So far it looks great and I'm excited to plow through the rest of it :)

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a great book! I already found out that I am "dry" and "stuck". Which Speedy probably could have told you in darker moments ;-)
    Seriously, it looks really interesting. I wish I had known about it (not that my TTC library needs to get any bigger, jeez!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I just skimmed your blog and am very excited that we are in the similar stage of TTC! My partner and I have also been together for ~5years and are in the beginning of our process. We also just watched "The Business of Being Born" and at this point want to plan a home birth...of course, one we conceive. I have added you to my blog roll and hope me KIT.

    Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t read that book, but it sounds good. I watched part of the B.iz of Being B0rn, and yeah, it’s really scary. V’s situation was a little different, of course, but still I was surprised at how many times she was offered a C-Sec. We totally lucked out that she avoided it – and it was only b/c of the dr who happened to be on-call. Crazy, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came upon your blog from a friends blog (defining family). I have the movie 'the business..' its crazy.

    The book looks interesting, I am going to see if its at my library tomorrow.

    good luck on your adventure of tcc.

    ReplyDelete